Saturday 28 September 2013

A Shakespearian Plot at Newmarket Council?

It makes marvelous theatre.

Maddie Di Muccio peeled back the curtain on the gruesome twosome's supposed alliance yesterday in her blog suggesting that there are some big cracks in their relationship. 

It seems that Mayor Van Bynen has been carrying on some serious plotting with the adept use of the magician's sleight of hand. 

If I were Regional Councillor Taylor, I think I would much rather deal with someone who is out in the open about any political disagreements as opposed to have a so-called ally who publicly agrees with me but is secretly scheming behind my back. 

In fact, if I were in his shoes, I would be questioning why I've been doing the man's dirty work - such as taking on the heat for the soccer club bailout - while the mayor has been quietly strategizing against me. 

Lastly, after all the work the Taylors did to get Jane Twinney elected in 2010, if I were John Taylor, I don't think it would go unnoticed how closely the words of the Ward 3 councillor's e-mail resemble those of Jackie Playter (apparently a close ally of the mayor).  In fact, the words are almost verbatim.  Has she been plotting too?  (It would seem so based on who was quoted in the Era defending the mayor).  Et tu, Brute?

It's rather theatric that our antagonistic mayor is complaining that he finds Councillor Di Muccio's behaviour "difficult" all the while he is juggling a set of knives that he is planning to shiv the Regional Councillor with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment