Thursday 30 July 2015

Snap'd Creeps Us Out Again.

To be honest, I have always had a raised eyebrow concerning Snap'd Newmarket.  A few years ago, a child I was watching got a little more attention from one of their photographers than I felt comfortable with asking a lot of semi inappropriate questions that you really shouldn't be asking a child.

Today, when a Snap'd photographer asks to take a photo of me when I am at some community event, I politely decline.

Snap'd has been getting free space at various community centres and other public buildings and as a business owner, that freebie just rubs me the wrong way.  As a business owner, I've often thought that I should take some of my own products and put them on the display for my own commercial benefit.  My products don't cause the amount of litter that Snap'd papers cause either.  Snap'd gets its way with free displays whereas other businesses don't.  It isn't fair.

Snap'd gets this "special deal" because in the world of Mayor Tony Van Bynen, people who strategically donate to certain election campaigns get ahead.  Corruption may be too harsh.  Let's call it the more genteel word, cronyism.

Tony's Cronies sums it up.

Recently Snap'd via their twitter account got just a little too creepy with their very personal line of questions:  It may sound friendly but this was their response when somebody asked if the new dog park could have a soft opening before August 8th.  From all appearances, its classic passive aggression.





To my eyes, an inappropriate line of questioning from the folks a Snap'd in response to a very reasonable request.  Once again, Snap'd crosses the line by failing to respect someone's personal space and privacy.  

Just creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment