Friday 18 July 2014

Ward 6 Candidate Kelly Broome Plumley? You have some explaining to do ...

Editor's Note:  The following blog post is not written by Nwkt Town Hall Watch.  It is attributed to the John4Newmarket Tumblr page and John Blommesteyn (originally published on June 23, 2014).  It is being reprinted here in the public interest as Kelly Broome Plumley is a candidate for Newmarket Town Counci:

 

John4Newmarket

Elect John Blommesteyn Newmarket Town Council


One of the most important prerequisites for elected office are our values.  When circumstances call for tough decisions, the community must have faith that the moral fibre of our elected representatives remains strong.  This faith in our elected officials is the foundation of our democracy. 
 
It goes without saying that plagiarism is bad.  But if a candidate for Town Council plagiarizes in a section of her website entitled “My Values”, can she be trusted?  Taking another author’s work word-for-word and claiming them as her own is simply wrong. 
 
The top photo comes from Newmarket Ward 6 candidate Kelly Broome Plumley’s web page.  The bottom photo comes from the Go Daddy template that I purchased to set up my own page.  Clearly, Ms. Broome Plumley has some explaining to do about the section entitled, ”My Values” on her web page
.
I am proud to say that I don’t need to take my list of values from another author.  And Newmarket residents can rest easy knowing that you can rely on my value set to lead us to a prosperous future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment